Friday, March 12, 2010

MY DUELING EXPERIENCE

Actually this post is related to my previous post. I'll talk about some technique and misplay in duel( mostly about GBs and BW ).

1.Burning or damaging your opponent with the cost of your field advantage or hand advantage is not a wise thing to do. Who knows Tze zhang? He is my friend actually and we often play yugioh together. But he is new to this game and often makes some serious misplays. I remembered one time, he direct attack me and he launch his Kalut. Absolutely a big misplay. Giving up his protection just to do 1400 more damage on me.

2. Synchro 1st turn = misplay? Yes, it is. Never never synchro on your first turn as it'll probably be killed before it cause any damage to your opponent. I have noticed some situation like this:

Tze Zhang: I play Black Whirlwind, summon Bora search for Gale. Special summon Gale and synchro summon Armor Master.
Me : I play Smashing Ground
Tze Zhang: Oh, no...

But of course, Stardust is different story.

3. Another situation is when your opponent control a strong monster and you have no trap to protect yourself. The only monster in your hand is a weak monster. Would you summon or set him? For me, I rather just end my turn if I think I've more than enough LP to survive next turn. If you set your monster, your monster will just be killed and if you do not draw your monster next turn, you lose. I rather take some damage than lose my precious monster. Your opponent may summon a weaker monster in order to do more damage on you. That's your chance. As a GB's player, a weaker monster means tag. I'll summon my monster, kill his weaker monster, tag out Murmillo to destroy his stronger monster. Then the table is turned.

4. Mst can be used in such a way. Set your mst, when your opponent set a S/T card, activate Mst to destroy his back row. This is to prevent your opponent from chaining his card as the card that he set is probably trap. Trap can't be activated during the turn being set. Of course, you only do this when you're confident enough that you can attack successfully during next turn.

5. I've found out that Dust Tornado is always useful against blackwing. Use dust tornado to destroy their Black Whirlwind.

6. For Blackwing player (standard Blackwing) , always save your vayu. Do not synchro unless you've ran out of choice. Your monsters in graveyard are your precious resource.

7. I almost forget, I still have 1 things to tell you guys. Heraklinos play is common in GB deck. But, does it a wise choice to summon him? When should I summon him? I'll say only when you have at least 1 set chariot and 1 hand card. Or when you feel afraid for your opponent's set card, maybe a mirror force, you can summon him. Atk, then tag out for 3 more GBs. Do not leave him on your field as it may end up being destroy by monster effect then cause -3 on you.

I'm working on Infernity deck thought and combos now. Maybe next post

No comments:

Post a Comment